Janathon 2011

Janathon 2011
Tales of woe from a participant

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Day 4 - Miles v Kilometers

Another good day and a successful run.

I had spent the past few days thinking about how much slower I am now compared to a few years ago when I suddenly realised that previously I measured my pace in km/h and now I am measuring in miles/h - doh!

So in one way I feel a lot better as I haven't slowed that much, but on the other hand I now realise how much slower my running is compared to 'real' athletes - they must be Gods!

3 comments:

  1. Km are definitely the way to measure your run. You feel much better posting bigger numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer miles when training but its nice in races to see the km post tick by more regularly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha agree with buryblue - those km posts come by a lot quicker! Kind of reminds me of the clock in my car - I never moved it back for daylight savings so every now and then I forget, then realise again and gain myself an hour, without anything really happening! You've just gained yourself a big speed boost.. in kind of the same way! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete