Janathon 2011

Janathon 2011
Tales of woe from a participant

Monday 3 January 2011

I DID IT - 2!

Day 2 of the Janathon was another minor milestone for me.

As I believe I mentioned in a previous Blog, having changed gyms some three or four years ago I went from pounding out the miles at my best speed on a treadmill 4 - 5 times a week, to developing an irrational belief that I could no longer run on a treadmill causing me to stop after a few hundred metres.

Yet yesterday I successfuly ran 2 miles on my gym's treadmill. And if I can do 2 miles successfuly I can do any distance - another barrier broken :)

Also the 2 miles I did on day 2 was double the 1 mile I did on day 1.

If I can continue doubling the distance I run each day, and if my calculations are correct, on the last day of Janathon I shall run 1,073,741,824 miles - hmmm!

Is anyones maths good enough to calculate the TOTAL distance I would have run during the whole of Janathon?

1 comment:

  1. I'm not too good at maths, but I am good at computer science. A little script later and the total distance you would have travelled is:
    2,147,483,647 miles.

    A good effort really

    ReplyDelete