Janathon 2011

Janathon 2011
Tales of woe from a participant

Friday 7 January 2011

Hmmmm! I wasn't expecting that.

OK. Day 6.

I was still quite stiff from my previous days training and only had a shorrt 'window' in which to train, therefore I decided once again to clock up a single mile.

However rather than go all the way to the gym I decided to reproduce the mile I did on Day 1 on Southsea seafront.

It was once again cold, wet and dark.

On Day 1 I ran the distance in 8:08 and I was determined to crack the 8 minute barrier. So I set off at a pace.

Bad mistake as I was very soon out of breath and even slowing didn't help. However I crossed the line convinced that I had broken the 8 minute barrier if not with very painful lungs.

A quick check of the watch showed me ....... 8:25! Aaaagh! Good grief!

1 comment:

  1. Southsea must be a nice place to run, even in the cold and wet. Well done on your run! :-)

    ReplyDelete